Wednesday, August 20, 2014

About Mrs. Schreiber

Hello! My name is Mrs. Schreiber and I will be one of your teachers in room 1A. I am so excited for this school year! I started my educational journey as a fresh Psychology graduate from The Ohio State University. I received my Bachelors of Arts and Sciences in Psychology. I attained a job directly after graduation working as a Classroom Teacher and ABA Therapist at Helping Hands Center for Special Needs. Helping Hands Center is a school designed for children with severe Autism. At this school I fell in love with teaching and everything about it. A classroom felt like home to me. It was only a few weeks into working at Helping Hands that I decided it was time to go back to school for Early Childhood Education. I landed on a program at Ashland University where I would go onto earn my Bachelors Plus in Early Childhood Education. Throughout my licensure process I continued to work at Helping Hands Center as an Early Intervention Teacher. When it came time to do my student teaching I couldn't continue teaching at Helping Hands Center. My student teaching was in Worthington at Colonial Hills Elementary. I was so lucky to have such an amazing mentor teacher who let me really come into my own while teaching our Kindergarten Classroom. I got to be a part of the Colonial Hills Community for the school year. After graduating from Ashland University I started my job hunt! I was very blessed to attain a position right away with Reynoldsburg City Schools at Rosehill Elementary. At Rosehill Elementary I taught Second Grade. I am so excited to start my second year here at the great Columbus Academy. It is an honor to be a part of the community. I live in Blacklick with my husband, Ben, and our kitty Betty. Ben is the Office Manager at Tender Nursing Care, a Home Health Agency in Reynoldsburg, Ohio. It is an agency my mother started from the ground up. One day he hopes to take it over. We enjoy traveling and spending time outdoors. We like cooking out and playing croquet in the backyard. I also enjoy reading and rock climbing when I get the chance.  I hope to get to know each and every one of you this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment